- MicroSkills won't launch. Error: unable to open skillsw.cfg.
- Help Files won't run with some Windows® operating systems
- How do I install EUREKA with the CD?
- Something's wrong with the JAWS script installer.
- The CD picture comes up but I don't see any buttons.
- "Error writing program path to prefs file" when EUREKA launches.
- I can't get into Counselor's configuration.
- Colleges/Universities Printouts missing data
- Have a different question or problem? Fill out our technical support form.
MicroSkills won't launch. Error: unable to open skillsw.cfg.
- This can happen on networks or when EUREKA is installed to a path with a space in it, i.e., "Program Files". A tech from a EUREKA site found this solution:
- Rename eureka32.exe to eureka32_1.exe
- Create a batch file and name it eureka32.exe with the following lines
Help files won't run with some Windows® operating systems
Microsoft does not ship WinHlp32.exe with Windows 7® or Windows Vista®. Older help files will not run without it. EUREKA includes WinHlp32.exe in the EUREKA/ECOCIS folder.
These links will download the correct version of WinHlp32.exe:
Windows Vista: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=82148
Windows 7: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=166421
Windows Server 2008: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=114216
Windows Server 2008 R2: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=166422
"Error writing program path to prefs file" when EUREKA launches.
- Add the Modify permision for eureka32.ini and skillsiv.ini in the EUREKA folder.
I can't get into Counselor's configuration.
Call EUREKA Technical support @ 888.463.2247.
Colleges/Universities Database Printing
- When comparing 3 schools, columns in some sections may be misaligned - only 2 columns are visible and you must scroll horizontally to see the third column. This is due to long website links. If a user tries to print the information, the third column is cut off.
- Change Scaling to 75%-80%. For some printers, this is found under Graphics.
- Change the page orientation from Portrait to Landscape.
Here are 2 possible solutions. Select Print and then Properties when the print dialog appears.
Data Out-Of-Date Message
- An out-of-date message means that you have an older version of EUREKA or ECOCIS installed.
- Check that the EUREKA/ECOCIS Welcome screen contains the current school year. If not, check your EUREKA/ECOCIS Master Update CD, make sure its date is current and install it. If your CD is out of date, contact Leonor Gomez.
Have a different question or problem? Fill out our Technical Support Form.