Search for graduate schools offering specific programs. The "Student Forum" has more links geared for prospective grad students.
- This is a searchable database of colleges, scholarships opportunities and academic resources. It offers a comprehensive college/university index with good graphics and some interesting resources for financial aid and scholarships. It also offers "online" application processing (for "featured schools" only, of which there are relatively few). The applicant enters her/his data once, and the service forwards the data to the applicant's selected schools.
U.S. News Online
- "The news magazine admissions professionals love to hate" has a major net presence with their annual "ranking the colleges" issue online. Included is a list of school sites offering on-line admissions applications.
California Community Colleges High Technology Centers
- This is a DeAnza College (California Community College) site that lists all the High Technology sites in California and their contacts.
Links to Individual College Web Sites
American Universities (United States)
- Direct links to the home pages of approximately 1100 U.S. Universities. A bare-bones approach, but it works.
Selecting and applying to college
Black Excel College Help Network
- A commercial service that assists African-American students with college selection and admission. Offers information about products and services for sale. Good links to related sites labeled "The Best of African-American Cyberspace."
- A student-oriented site that offers the promise of a full range of college admission information, including virtual tours. At this point, however, few institution have subscribed to interactive features of the site, so it is most useful for its excellent financial aid links and generic admissions procedures.
- This student-oriented site offers electronic links to colleges, admissions advice, a searchable database and general information about college life. It's part of a larger site targeted at young people's interests.
- This student/counselor-oriented site offers transfer information for colleges in California. You enter two college names and the site lists the transferable courses.
Tip: The Help for Students link has additional helpful information.